Due to the intensive growth in social media resulted in the creation of a new frontier in stalking behaviour.
Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet or other electronic means to stalk or harass any individual, group, or organisation.
How cyberstalker harm you?
Cyberstalking may include false accusations, slander, defamation, and libel.
Cyberstalking may also include monitoring, identity theft, threats, vandalism, gathering information solicitation for sex, that cyberstalker motivated by a desire to control, intimidate, or influence a victim.
It is the most common example of sending threatening emails. It is the form of cyberbullying.
The other related term is cyber trolls. Internet trolls intentionally try to provoke or offend others to elicit a reaction. Trollers and cyberbullies do not always have the same goals.
Many risks are using social media sites and cyberstalking one of them. Therefore, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram stalkers. All these come under the umbrella of cyberstalking.
How to Report Online Harassment?
Facebook, Instagram, and twitter provide user protection, but people do not have much knowledge about it.
Laws governing stalking, harassment, and character assassination, as well as specific “cyberstalking” laws, differ by countries and might include a series of acts that might not be considered illegal under other circumstances.
Stalking is a form of emotional assault law and cyberstalking, also referred to as “cyberbullying,” is a high-tech method of inflicting more pain.
If a random online hater does leave a nasty comment on your social media, account it’s important to “report” and “block” the user and continue with your online activities as you normally would.
How to save from cyberstalking?
- If you find someone spuing your profile Than what should you do.
- Gather information and document it accurately and contact to the cybercrime wing to report.
- secure your all social media account by using a strong password.
- use upper case and lower case word along with symbol (@ # $ % ^ & *).
- mostly social media apps provide on-time message login always use this.
- If you find someone stalks your account. Block at once.
- Try to set your account private.